Warning!
This piece has a likely chance to make you all cry...
Read it at your own risk!
As much as I loved today's episode...
but I didn't forget the Promo...
So here it goes...
And one more thing... Feel free to throw chappals and rotten tomatoes at me.
All are welcome :)
Please note I retain sole ownership of all the works of fiction on this blog so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own.
OS: Wedding Gift
I was waiting for Arnavji in my
red and gold lehnga. Since morning I was feeling so restless and nervous and
this feeling wasn't the feeling I normally got when I was excited. This feeling
gave me the shivers for some reason.
I prayed to Devi Maiyaan the night before, in the morning and now. I was just getting a feeling that something bad was going to happen.
I prayed to Devi Maiyaan the night before, in the morning and now. I was just getting a feeling that something bad was going to happen.
God forbid something bad happened.
Today was the day we were to unite after all these rituals. And hell nothing
bad was supposed to happen
Daadi had accepted me. In fact
everything was going on well but why was I feeling this weird restlessness.
Jiji had told me that it was because I was worried about my suhaag raat. But
that wasn't it. It was something else which I wasn't aware of.
There was 3 hours left until the
baraat would come. And every minute I felt this weird sensation. I had even
talked to Arnavji about this and he said that I was afraid if I'd lose him...
which I was. But I just couldn't express my inner feelings right now.
My phone began ringing and that
was when I came out of my dumb thoughts.
"Khushi... meet me at the
Mandir I had forced you into getting married with me..." Arnav spoke over
the phone. I was a bit worried at why he was trying to meet me 5 hours before
our wedding and then all these negative thoughts were popping up in my head.
"I will come right
now..." I replied. And in moments he hung up the phone without doing our
'phele tum'. I had then sensed that something was definitely wrong.
***
I was at the Mandir in which we had gotten half married. It was giving me the flashbacks of how Arnavji had smeared the red sindoor on my parting. And how he had roughly placed the mangulsutra around my neck.
I was at the Mandir in which we had gotten half married. It was giving me the flashbacks of how Arnavji had smeared the red sindoor on my parting. And how he had roughly placed the mangulsutra around my neck.
At first I was upset that Arnavji
did that. But then I thought that if he hadn't done that, then today I probably
would've not fallen in love with him to an extinct of actually staking my life
on risk to save him. My love. My Arnavji.
I felt someone's hard grip on my
wrist and I had then made a prediction that this was my Laad Governor. But why
was he being so rough. It had been a while he didn't behave this way. But today
he was again hurting me. And I didn't like it at all.
With a rough pull, I hit his manly
chest, as his hand was holding my wrist, and the other was around my bare
waist. His eyes were filled with anger and wrath. They were red, with pain.
I cupped his face with my other
hand and I asked him what was wrong but he pushed it away.
"Because of your maussi my
mom committed suicide." Arnavji said.
I was taken back a bit after hearing what I heard. And I wanted to talk but my tongue wouldn't move.
"She was having an affair with my dad and my mom found out." Arnavji continued.
I was taken back a bit after hearing what I heard. And I wanted to talk but my tongue wouldn't move.
"She was having an affair with my dad and my mom found out." Arnavji continued.
And then I understood, he was
going to take out his anger at me. Either by marrying me and torturing me or he
was going to break the wedding and hurt my feelings again. But I was prepared
for this now.
I knew what he was going to say in the end. It was an old habit of his to blame me for everything. But I was so used this now that I really didn't expect anything but this.
I knew what he was going to say in the end. It was an old habit of his to blame me for everything. But I was so used this now that I really didn't expect anything but this.
“So you’re blaming me for this now
too right?” I asked him while letting out a laugh.
He turned around to see me laugh,
and he was shocked at my reaction.
“You think this is funny that
because of your maussi my mom committed suicide?” he griped my arm.
I pushed him back with full force,
as I answered him, “It’s not funny, but I know what you’ll do now. You will
blame me for your mother’s death, like you did for Di’s sadness…” I said
without fear.
“Why are you arguing Khushi? It’s
all your fault!” he said.
“Yes its my fault, because
apparently when I was nearly 7 years old, I knew my maussi was having an affair
with your dad… right?” I told him sarcastically.
“This is serious Khushi!” he
yelled at me.
“So what do you want to do now?” I
yelled back at him.
“I’m not marrying you!” he said,
turning around, letting his back face me.
“Great! As I expected… you’re not
marrying me. Because you’re letting your past effect our present…”
“How the hell do you expect me to
marry you after knowing what your maussi did?”
“She said she didn’t know your dad
was married…” I replied back.
“So your saying that she didn’t
know that my dad was already married and had 2 kids. Then you had an affair with
Shyaam, and you didn’t know he was married? Notice how you both are the same…
you were following your maussi’s footsteps…”
That was enough for me to
understand what he was saying. He was literally relating the whole Shyaam
fiasco with his dad and my maussi. This was going to end in a very bad way… and
I knew it.
“I’ve cleared this so many times
with you Arnavji… I didn’t know that Shyaamji was married with your Di, and the
moment I found out, I broke my engagement with him…”
“Any proof?”
“I’ve given you enough proofs
Arnavji… I risked my life to save you!” I yelled at him.
“So you’re saying that I’m alive
because of you?”
“No… the day I die, that will
prove to you that I wasn’t lying to you at all, and then I wouldn’t be here to
listen to your lame sorries!” and without thinking, I left him standing in the
middle of the Mandir, and made my way down the stairs, holding my heavy bridal skirt up.
As I walked down the road, with no
tears or regret at all, I felt relieved from him. These entire 2 years I got nothing
but pain from him.
How he would always pick his Di
before me, which was a true logic, that he felt an attachment with his Di more
than me since she was his blood.
But, I simply couldn’t be with the
man who would always blame me for his sadness and consider his Di for his
happiness. It was time for me to move on in life and leave Arnav Singh Raizada
with his Di.
I could hear his voice calling
from behind, but I didn’t even care to glance back at him or his words, and
that’s when my life ended.
The streaking car came with its
headlights on as it didn’t miss the chance to hit me. I didn’t have the time to
move out of the way, and hence I just stood there and closed my eyes as I knew
that I was near death.
And then it was completely dark. I
could feel something wet, and of course it was my blood, oozing out of my head
and several other places.
My vision was blurry and I could
only sense the crowd around me, and the arms that were holding onto me tight.
“Khushi” a man tapped my face.
“Wake up Khushi…” he kissed my
forehead.
And then I realized that this was
Arnavji. He was here again, and I knew what he would say next. His so called ‘sorry’.
But did he know that it was too
late now?
“I’m sorry…” I felt his tear drop
on my cheek.
“I’m really really sorry…” he
continued.
“Please don’t leave me…” he
pleaded.
And before he could continue, I
had to say this to him.
“Reth kii thara aapki ungliyon se
nikal jayenga hum aur apko patha bhi nahi chalega… itni tezi se bhaageinge ke
aap humme pakar bhi nahi payenge… and you didn’t catch me…”
“But you promised…” he caressed my
face.
“Not like you completed any of
your promises…”
These words probably echoed in his
head before I shut my eyes permanently. Not scared of death and I had no pain
before I left him. I knew he had lost his mother, but now it was important for
him to lose me, to know my importance.
And after this day on, I won’t be
here to hear his
What the’s
his sorries
his unbelieavable’s
and more overly his ‘I love you…
dammit’s.
But this was the play of destiny,
of Devi Maiyaan’s that not everyone’s love was complete.
Arnav aur Khushi kii yeh thii ek
adhoori kahaani, jo iss janam mein toh poori nahi hui, lekin shayed agle janam
mein ho…
Ok, this was probably the most
shittiest piece I’ve ever written, but this had reality, that not every story
is like a fairy-tale which has happy endings. This OS, just proved that, not
everyone’s life is like a fairy-tale.
I tried making this piece as
emotional as possible, and I tried showing Khushi more bold in this OS, rather
than her always giving in. She should get a chance to deny Arnav Singh Raizada,
unlike usually she would always forgive and forget in the show.
This was a different piece for me,
and I hope you all liked it, though it was an incomplete love story. But this
was a piece that I wanted to write, and hence I did.
*And now I'm officially disappearing*
PMs will be given out tmrw!
Until then... no hello hi... only bye bye
*And now I'm officially disappearing*
PMs will be given out tmrw!
Until then... no hello hi... only bye bye

Awwwwwh that was sooooo sad :(
ReplyDeleteAgree with you that not every story is like a fairy-tale which has happy endings.This OS made me so emotional.U should continue this OS .After accident may be Khushi forgot the past n u should continue the story ahead or they meet in their agle janam.
ReplyDeleteloved it too good
ReplyDeleteThat was very emotional...so sad
ReplyDeleteHe again blamed her for everything...poor Khushi!!
Very well written..
Thanks for the pm...
--Amy--
oh my god....that was soooo sad....but brilliant piece dear....thnx 4da pm...
ReplyDelete-kitzdoll-(IF)
Soo Sad But I loved it though. I want to see Khushi in the serial as strong as this. Very Well written.
ReplyDeleteChaitali
well done! emotional but well written!
ReplyDeleteVery emotional
ReplyDeletesooo well written
BarunForever
This was the best OS that you've written till date...........or so i felt.
ReplyDeleteI just loved this one.
It showed the reality, that not everything ends happy.
There's something about this OS that i so love, but don't know what.
But i'd say, its a unique piece:)
IF name:kiddy-kavya
This was the best OS that you've written till date....or so i felt.
ReplyDeleteIt had reality in it, that not everything ends happy.
There is something in it that i so love, but don't know what.
You really did express every emotions quite well.
I'd say this was a unique piece:)
IF name:kiddy-kavya
it's a well written OS buh i would hate to see them part!
ReplyDeletedamonzlady
oh the ending ,this was really tearing the heart and eyes , this should not truly happen in any ones life ,and presently not in "IPKKND"
ReplyDeleteoh u bought this part so well ,at first wen i so the till i felt something good to read but ..........this was truly a great emotional work thank god this is not even an ff
keep writing ,........
awwww :(
ReplyDeletewhat a sad ending!
cant believe she died!
Really their love story was left incomplete...... :(
Awesome ( but sad) OS!
Niki234 IF
brilliant OS
ReplyDeleteso speechless
thanks for pm
Awww this is OS is amazing loved it but made me really depressed
ReplyDeleteArshifan4life
It wz too sad:-(
ReplyDeleteluckYMAma(IF)
so sad
ReplyDeleteyet I still loved it
very well written
thanx for the pm
arhi101
Omg this was sooo sad...I did not think this would happen
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pm
anita_21492 (if)
brilliant one....
ReplyDeletebeautifully written....
loved it.......
so sad.
thanks for the pm in IF..... pavi1 ...
So true not everything is a fairytale....heartbreaking OS but was great!
ReplyDeleteHeart-breaking OS.
ReplyDeletethat was sooo sad!
ReplyDeletebt it was beautifully written!
loved it!
awsome
ReplyDeleteVery sad n touchy OS...
ReplyDeleteI dint expected this will happen but very well written..
Loved it
-Chandana.S
That was so sad
ReplyDeleteLoved it... Beautifully written
Deep5128(IF)
its sooooo sad!!! :(
ReplyDeleteits sooooo sad!!! :(
ReplyDeleteits sooooo sad!!! :(
ReplyDeleteits sooooo sad!!! :(
ReplyDeleteThanks for the PM. Like this Khushi. I can't believe that Arnav would blame her again.
ReplyDelete-desisweetheart9 from IF.
Brilliant OS...
ReplyDeleteLoved it..
Thanks for the pm..
-sithu08
She died?? :S xxx Or am I just getting the wrong end of the stick!! :( xxx
ReplyDeleteI loved the OS nevertheless!! :) xxx
Anniecheli1997
this was the best os
ReplyDeletesuperb and awesome updt
luvd it
thanks for pm
summaiyasayed
it was so sd story....
ReplyDeletebut well written......
- Akorshi -
in d end u made me cry..
ReplyDeleteshit
he dsrvd loneliness afta sayin wteva he neva needed 2 say 2 her..
she new he wud ethr blame her..4 evrythin..
or wud break d marriage..
n he did both..
hw cn he agn n again suspct abt her n Shyam's rltn..:/
well..dis was d ans.yes..she was ryt..
wen she wud leav..he wud realiz she wasnt lyin..
nw keep on cryin Arnav..
..
btfl OS..
painful though..:(
*reallyhappy*
man one hopes to god this doesnt happen
ReplyDeleteman was that emotional
would he ever learn to trust her or not
dude why do you always have to do this and then regret it later by then its too late naa
girl you are good at this stuff sure made us cry not thats bad
man lets be positive that this dont happen
cheers for pm dear
see ya for more when ever you are free
oh man! hopefully arnav doesn't do his blame khushi for everything act again, i won't be able to watch the show anymore, if he does that
ReplyDeletesuch a emtional and heartbreaking OS
thanx for the pm:)
Wow awesome OS!!
ReplyDeletejust wow especially that reth line..had me thinking!! Awesome!
-Ksg_Luv
well done....amazing
ReplyDeletethough it was a sad one bt i loved it....
thnx 4 the pm....
-chahat128
very sad but I loved your Khushi in this but am praying the wedding is still on loved the 7 year old part
ReplyDeleteemotional so sad
ReplyDeletedrunkiiebabe
sooo sad i cried!! :'(((...awesome written tho!!:D
ReplyDeleteDhishtee08Arshi ~ IF
waiting for ur updates ..........
ReplyDeletehope u r well
oh god.. that was so sad :'( almost made me cry seriously
ReplyDeletethis is an awesome emotional OS ;)
thanks to pm me
farista12
that was soo heart touching..
ReplyDeletegosh.........brilliantly written..
thnx for the pm..
anumeha_rajat
Brilliantly written.....loved it.....Khushi gave a proper reply to Arnav....thanks for the PM
ReplyDeleteBhadraprasad(IF)
Such a heart touching OS....
ReplyDelete