I don't exactly know what I wrote but I wrote it anyways :P
Enjoy <3
Please note I retain sole ownership of all the works of fiction on this blog so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own.
|Revelations|
A bright morning it was when a 16 year old came running down
the stairs early in the morning, around 7:30am. She looked around in the pile
of presents only to find a letter from her mother.
“Milgayi!” she yelled at her victory.
She quickly tore apart the envelope to read the letter.
Ashna… today you have turned 16. For every year I left you a letter, but this one is the most important. I don’t know if your dad has revealed this to you, but I have to say this. You are not my daughter Ashna… you are the daughter of Khushi. I am not your real mother, but Arnav is still your dad. I had created misunderstandings between you mother and father, which led your dad to kick your mother out of the house. He didn’t let her take you with him, and instead he married me to take care of you. I fulfilled the duty of a mother until 6 years, but when I realized I had cancer, I couldn’t tell your dad the truth before dying. You were 3, when your father threw your mother out of the house, and all those years I enjoyed being Mrs. Raizada… but truly your father loves your mother Khushi. Show this letter to your dad and go bring your mother from Lucknow. She’s there… and she’s probably longing to see her Ashna. Wear the payal I gave you, it is your mother’s and she is wearing the other one. The moment you see your mother, she will know that you are her Ashna…
Your mother,
Lavanya
Ashna was shocked at first, and looked at the picture of her real mother. No doubt, all her friends said she didn’t look like her mother, which was because she wasn’t her mother. This was her mother, the one in this photo.
She opened the little gift which was wrapped, and saw the
payal. It was indeed beautiful, and so she wore it around her ankle.
This was reality, her mother was in Lucknow and she was
going to meet her at any extinct, whether she had to drag her dad there. And
she so wanted to do that after knowing he had kicked out her mother. For the
first, she decided to go to her dad’s room and have a discussion.
***
“I don’t care Ashna but you’re not going anywhere!” Arnav
yelled.
“I am going to Lucknow to meet my mom and you can’t stop me
otherwise I’m filing a case on you!” Ashna yelled back at her dad.
Now this was a trait which she got from her dad, yelling.
Both father-daughter often had competitions of yelling at each other and only
ended up with a tie.
“Don’t you dare speak to me like that Ashna! Go to your room
now!”
“No I won’t! I’m going to Lucknow and you’re coming with me
whether you like it or not!” Ashna yelled again.
“What makes you think I’ll listen to you?” Arnav folded his
arms.
“You’ll have to! I’m your daughter!” she said.
“Oh really? Sweety, I haven’t ever listened to my father, so
what makes you think I’ll listen to my daughter?” Arnav chuckled.
“Well… like you said that you never listened to your father,
so I’m not listening to mine! And how dare you throw my mother out of my
house?” Ashna asked.
“Honey this is my house and I can do anything I want with
it…” Arnav smirked.
“Don’t get me started now dad… Daadi clearly said that you
run this house but I own it for your kind information!” Ashna back answered.
“Ashna you’re crossing your limits now!” Arnav raised his
hand.
“Yeah dad… hit me like you hit my mom…”
“Please Ashna… today’s your birthday… please don’t do this…”
Arnav cupped her face.
“Read this!” Ashna shoved the letter in Arnav’s face.
Arnav read it and was completely shocked.
‘Khushi was right, she hadn’t done anything, she didn’t push
Di off the cliff, it was Lavanya who did it and I married that b*tch!’ Arnav closed
his eyes in pain.
“What’s the point of regretting now dad? Come… let’s go to
Lucknow now! We gotta bring your bride and my mother back home…” Ashna wiped of
the tears from Arnav’s eyes.
***
“Dad are you sure this is her house?” Ashna bit her lips.
“Yes sweety… I’m sure… how can I forget this place?” Arnav
smiled as he opened the door for her to walk out of the car.
Ashna softly walked towards the door and knocked. She could
smell the jalebis which were being fried inside the house.
She turned to her dad and smiled, and before she could say
anything, he interrupted her, “Yes… you got your taste from your mother… she
also loves jalebis…” Arnav smiled.
Ashna turned back and saw the woman with a purple anarkali,
messy bun, and some jalebi mixture on both her cheeks.
It was Khushi, she stepped aside letting Ashna come inside,
but she hadn’t noticed Arnav behind.
Ashna’s tinkling anklet let Khushi know that this was her
Ashna.
“Ashna…” Khushi called out to her.
“Ma…” she replied and both daughter-mother shared a hug.
“You’re so big and gorgeous…” Khushi cried tears of joy.
“You’re still sexy as I saw you in the picture which is from
6 years back…” Ashna laughed along with tears rolling down her eyes.
“Happy Birthday sweetheart…” Khushi smiled.
“You remember?” Ashna asked.
“Of course I do… you’re my daughter… how can I forget?”
Khushi laughed.
Ashna then noticed her dad standing far back, admiring the
two. “You could come in now dad…” Ashna called him.
Khushi let go of the embrace and turned around.
Arnav walked towards Khushi softly and let a small smile on
his face, “How are you?” he asked.
“Good…” she replied, looking down.
“You still make jalebis?” Arnav asked her.
“You still a Laad Governor?” Khushi asked him and hit his
chest.
“You call him that too?” Ashna looked shocked.
Arnav let out a chuckle, “She’s the one who invented it
Ashna…”
“Meaning my daughter calls you that too?” Khushi had a smile
on her face.
“What should I do? She’s your daughter after all…” Arnav
laughed and pulled her for a hug.
“Maa… your jalebis are burning!” a young boy called out from
his room.
“I know…” Khushi yelled back.
“Aryan… come and see who is here…” Khushi called him again.
A 15 year old boy came walking out of his room with full
attitude, and then he noticed Ashna standing there.
“You’re Ashna Di right?” his eyes welled up.
Aryan pulled his sister in a tight embrace as Arnav stared
at him.
“Is he…” Arnav looked at Khushi with some hope.
Khushi nodded a yes, “He’s your son… when I left for
Lucknow, I realized I was pregnant and hence I always told Aryan about you and
Ashna… that now he knows you very well…” Khushi hugged Arnav.
“Aryan… won’t you meet your dad?” Arnav called him.
Arnav hugged his son in a tight embrace as Aryan did the
same. “You’re exactly the way Ma told me you were…” Aryan laughed.
“Enough of the family reunion… come sit…” Khushi led them to the living
room.
She brought some jalebis in a plate while Arnav asked his
son, “Your mom still makes those?”
“Don’t ask dad… only I have to deal with it…” Aryan sighed.
“Then I guess you don’t know… look at your sister there…
she’s a double copy of your mother…” Arnav sighed as well.
“You mean she makes them too?” Aryan asked.
“Yup…” Arnav looked at the plate in front of him.
“Don’t you dare say anything against our jalebis!” both
mother-daughter said at the same time.
Arnav and Aryan shut their mouths in fear as Khushi served
them.
“But Khushi you know I’m diabetic… did you forget?” Arnav
put the plate back down.
“No I haven’t forgot… just eat!” Khushi gave back the plate
to Arnav.
Arnav took a bit from the jalebi and realized they were
sugar-free jalebis, he looked up at Khushi confused and she simply turned her
head towards their son.
Arnav understood that his son probably didn’t like jalebis
either, “He’s my son after all…” Arnav mocked her, putting a hand around Aryan.
“She’s my daughter after all…” Khushi mocked him
back with his words, putting a hand around Ashna.
I don't know if this was crap, but to me it was one of the best pieces of work :)
Notice the less comments since I'm posting back on IF :P
Sorry...
but if you're not from IF and not following my blog, then please drop your comment below!

Really cute OS!
ReplyDeleteLoved every bit of it.
Simply AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awww!
ReplyDeletewhat a cute OS, you know this would be an awesome SS/FF..
it was soo sweet! i loved how they both have a son and daughter..
the family reunion part was brilliant!
awesome OS ;)
-Mayabegum
DeleteThat was amazing , it was so good x
ReplyDeleteloved it too good cute ending
ReplyDeleteawwwww that was sooo cute
ReplyDeletedrunkiiebabe
That was cute
ReplyDeleteLoved their reunion...
(hey I commented on both IF and your blog)
-Amanda.Lim-IF
So sweet..
ReplyDeleteLoved the family re-union..
Thanks for the PM...
-SITHU08
awesome job!
ReplyDeletereallly nice os .. :)
ReplyDeleteshona2smart4u from IF
awesome update.......
ReplyDeletethanks for the pm in IF..pavi1
omg i loved dis os.....
ReplyDeletedis os s awsum!!!!!!!!!
loved it.....
tanx 4 d pm....
write more lyk dis dear
kamalapushpa-if
Thanks for the PM. Loved it. So cute.
ReplyDelete-desisweetheart9 from IF.
Thanks for the pm...This is sweet...glad Arnav didn't act like a jerk to Khushi...dorindakate from IF
ReplyDeleteAwwe cute os loved it the family reunion was so awww and cute loved it thanks for the pm.
ReplyDeleteshyperson from IF
so cute loved it!!
ReplyDeletelakshyaNkt
IF
Really Cool. La was really a jerk.
ReplyDeleteI hate La
ReplyDeleteravneet I like all y ur post very much but please update regularly. i like read u os
ReplyDeleteLoved it
ReplyDeleteBarunForever
really happy with this OS.
ReplyDeleteevery where kushi.
such a sweet OS...loved the family reunion and the kids...exact copies of their parents!! :)
ReplyDelete<3 Barun <3
-kalo_megh
Beautiful OS....
ReplyDelete