Chapter 4
Please note I retain sole ownership of all the works of fiction on this blog so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own.
Khushi reached home and sighed. “What a day!” she yelled in
the empty house. She lived alone here in New York and was independent. She
earned money on her own and studied hard to achieve her goal.
Khushi looked at the mirror to see herself. She looked awful
and needed a nap. She slid into bed not putting on her alarm and dozed off to
sleep in her warm bed.
Arnav on the other side had nowhere to go. He was walking in
the streets with his luggage and was freezing.
“Looks like I have to sleep on the bench tonight as well.”
He sighed.
Arnav was used to this ever since he was born. Although he
had been brought up in a rich family… he never took advantage of it because he
too believed that in this life he would have to achieve something on his own.
He lay on the bench hugging his luggage while Khushi was in
her cozy bedroom. Both were in different situations while same positions… they
were sleeping peacefully.
The sun had risen and Khushi got up pretty late for work.
“Crap! What time is it?” Khushi asked herself.
She looked at the clock and here she saw it was 9am. She was
late for work.
‘Who comes back from a holiday and the next day joins back
to work? I guess it’s only Khushi!’ she rolled her eyes at her own
speculations.
Arnav rubbed his eyes and saw people walking around. His
stomach was growling and wanted something to eat really badly.
He got up and allowed himself to get in his senses. He had a
bottle of water in his bag and floss… so he freshened up with the limited
items. “Time to go look for some work…” he smiled.
Arnav had done a degree in fashion and was well known in
India due to his father but he wanted something for himself… something that he
achieved without the help of his father or anyone else.
Both Arnav and Khushi left for work not knowing that they
will end up at the same place.
Khushi was walking down the streets of New York. Her work
was down the street and she never cared less to drive her car down there. It
was simply pointless.
She picked up some coffee on her way along with 2 donuts…
who can say that this girl ate 6 meals a day and yet she was the size of a
stick. She never went to the gym and would lose her breath while running up the
stairs… what kept her so fit? No one knew…
Arnav was walking down the street as well but without
breakfast. He had only $50 on him and he kept it aside for emergencies. Since
he had done a degree in fashion… he thought of joining a fashion designing
company.
He walked in front of the building.
She walked in front of the building.
Arnav looked up to see the company’s name while Khushi
walked normally sipping her coffee.
Crash… Arnav and
Khushi bumped into each other which made Khushi’s coffee spill.
“F*ck! Are you blind! Can’t you see?” Khushi yelled.
Arnav looked up in shock. “Miss. Locket?”
“Mr. Black Armaani?” Khushi teased back.
“Nice to see you again…” Arnav smiled at her.
“Nice? You’re saying nice?
You just spilt my coffee! And you’re saying nice!
You gotta be kidding me! At the Airport we had said… no you had said ‘let’s forget the past and just shake hands’.
Look what happened today… again! Another rough start. Sometimes I think you
really are blind! For the 5th time… 5th time you’re
bumping into me for an entire 2 days!” Khushi scolded Arnav while throwing away
her cup in the garbage near.
“Ok ok I’m sorry… I couldn’t see that’s why… I was looking
up at the company’s name…” Arnav looked embarrassed.
“I’ve never really seen you around…” Khushi said in a
confused manner.
“Why you work here?” Arnav laughed.
“Yup…” Khushi smiled.
“What the! You work at Jha
Textiles? How?” Arnav in shock mode.
“Why? What’s so bad in working at Jha Textiles?” Khushi asked confused.
“You need a fashion degree to get a job here and you seem to
be in your 20’s… maybe in University or College?” Arnav guessed.
Khushi was fuming. Ever since childhood, everyone had always
judged her for her appearance and now Arnav was judging her.
“Stop judging!” Khushi brought her hands on her hips.
“I’m 23 and yes I’m in University… I’m just doing a part
time job here to make a living. Mr. Jha
is my Aunt’s friend’s nephew and so she got me a part time job here.” Khushi
spoke confidently.
“So you’re saying you got a job because your Aunt knows Mr. Jha? So it’s not your hard work is
it?” Arnav clenched his jaw.
“Why do you care… it’s not like I sit in there and do
nothing… I actually do work ok. Wait… why am I explaining this to you?” Khushi
bit her nails.
“Well who knows if you just got the job due to being related
to Mr. Jha… there are many people who
need jobs and are able to earn it without being related to their boss.” Arnav
folded his arms.
Khushi knew he was right. “Why are you standing here? My
shift is about to start… now move aside before I get late!” Khushi pushed him
aside.
She went inside and signed in. The receptionist smiled and
called Mr. Jha. “Sir… Maam is here,
shall I send her up?”
“She knows… she’ll come on her own…” replied a husky voice.
Arnav walked in the building and looked at the receptionist.
“Hello… how can I help you?”
“Ya…uh… I’d like to meet with Mr.Jha…” Arnav smiled.
“Do you have a fixed appointment with him?” the receptionist
asked.
“Uhhh… not really… but I’m here for a job interview…” Arnav
said hesitantly.
“Well let me give Mr.
Jha a call and I’ll see what he wants…” the receptionist dialled the number
for his cabin.
“Sir… someone is here for a job interview… shall I send him
up?”
“Ya sure”
She cut the call and looked up at Arnav. “Sir has called you
up…” and before she could finish her sentence, Arnav had already ran up the
stairs towards Mr. Jha’s Cabin.
Khushi was with him in the same cabin discussing about their
next project. “So Sir I was thinking that how about we chose this design…”
Khushi pointed at the laptop screen.
“Miss Gupta… how many times have I told you to not call me Sir.” He said with an evil smirk.
“Well then Mr. Jha…
how many times have I told you to not call me Miss Gupta.” An irritated Khushi replied back.
“You call me Shyaam
and I will call you by your name…” Shyaam grinned.
“The name is Khushi
only Khushi… is that clear Shyaam?”
she pointed back on the laptop screen and continued talking about the designs.
This is my shortest update I have ever made... I'm so sorry! But like I said the next update will be long and one more thing. I may not update for the entire because on Friday the 27th I will have my final exam so I need to study. If I get comments and likes then for sure I will make some time aside and update the most wanted update... please do comment even if you are a silent reader...
You could simply comment as Anonymous by clicking Comment as then scroll down and pick Anonymous... but please leave a little nickname or pen name so I know who comments :)
- Ravneet <3... remember this may be the last update so please comment!


It was really good ! Looking forward to the.next update :)
ReplyDeleteAmani
Heeeheee I will try to update soon :) But I'ma finish my guttery posts first heeheee
Deletethank you
<3
- Ravneet :D
Hey Ravneet! Absolutely LOVED your comments on my blog! You're so sweet! I'll be getting back to them later but I just wanted to tell you before I get around to replying to your comments, that you can use my VM to write your OS! I'd be honored! I'm looking forward to reading it! And sorry if this wasn't the right spot to comment I didn't really know where to write it sorry lol!
ReplyDelete-Shweta
It's fine... in fact I'm just happy that at least you did reply back to me :) And thank you for allowing me... I could have used your Vm without your permission but I thought that I wouldn't want anyone to take my VM so I asked... I will write it later in August since I need to connect it with your VM (TeamWork!) You the VM producer I the OS writer LOL! So I will write it soon but I got my last exam on Friday (Summer School) then I'ma write and write and write!!!!! <3
Delete-Ravneet :)
:) Followed your blog!
DeleteThank u :)
Delete- Ravneet <3
Ravneet although this was short but i loved the new entry of evil Shyaam... Hopefully u will keep ur promise and do a longer update next time with Rabba Ve's between Arnav and Khushi :)
ReplyDelete- Ritu ;)
Don't worry Ritu... there will be high time Rabba Ve's and long update
DeleteLoved the update. Shyam the evil one. Im worried for Arnav and Khushi.
ReplyDeleteIF: Rashika
Delete