Chapter 2
Please note I retain sole ownership of all the works of fiction on this blog so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own.
It was morning. Khushi had woken up early around 6am to
catch her flight 10am. She wanted to look around Vegas and then wanted to go
back to New York.
“La… I’m going out for a while. I packed my luggage and it’s
in your house and so just keep an eye on it. I’ll just have a last look of
Vegas and then I’m out of here. I’ll be back by 9 sharp.” Khushi winked.
With that, Khushi walked out of the apartment and realized
that it was the same man she saw last night. She was wearing her short jean
skirt, with black leggings, along with her Uggs and hoodie. She had ear muffs,
black leather gloves on and had a cup of coffee in her hand. Khushi was sipping
it as she noticed the man lying on the bench.
‘Isn’t he the one from last night?’ Khushi thought.
“Must be homeless… but he’s wearing an Armani… and looks
like from a decent family. I wonder if his family knows where he is. He was
pretty drunk last night and he probably lost his way. But he was talking on the
phone with someone… actually he was laughing out loud.” Khushi stepped closer
to his bench.
‘Khushi what are you doing? Why do you care what he does or
where he lives. It’s none of your business.’ wondered Khushi.
She was about to turn until she realized that his coat was
lying on the floor and he was shivering. It was the month of November and it
was quite chilly in Vegas. Khushi bent down and picked up the coat. She walked
towards the man on the bench and covered him with the coat.
Khushi couldn’t really see his face as his back was towards
her but she had an urge to see his face. She hovered over him to see his face
and there she saw the cutest face ever.
“He looks so cute… how can a guy be so handsome and yet on
the streets?” Khushi blurted out. She covered her face with her mouth in shock.
‘Khushi… you always teach La not to believe in love and here
you’re falling over a guy who you don’t even know!” Khushi kicked the snow
while thinking.
She turned back to leave but as she approached the bus stop
she turned back once more just to see him again. Who knows if she was ever able
to see him again. She gave a tiny smile and turned back. Khushi entered the bus
and lead her way to Church.
There on the bench was Arnav Singh Raizada. Sleeping
peacefully without caring what the world thought about him. Soon after he got
up and realized where he was. He was in shock at looking at himself.
“In a drunk state I can never cover up myself like the way I
am. I toss everything off of myself then how… how am I fully dressed?” Arnav
asked himself.
He looked at his watch and realized it was 8am. His bag was
next to him and so was his cell phone.
“Since when did Vegas have no robberies? Legit my phone was
visible to many and yet no one cared to rob it… funny!” Arnav exaggerated.
He got up and gathered his belongings. He didn’t really
remember much from last night. He only knew that he had a break-up with Lavanya
and he was arguing with another girl before falling asleep on the bench.
Arnav didn’t clearly remember her face exactly… but he
noticed her fair skin and her long black hair as they were swaying outside the
window while she was yelling at him. He looked at his phone and saw 73 miscalls
from NK. He called him back “Ya NK… what up… why did you call me 73 times?
Everything OK?” Arnav asked.
“How can everything be OK … Nanav your in Vegas on the
streets. Does it sound OK? To me it doesn’t. Come back to India… don’t worry…
Maussi will forgive you. Don’t run for the girl who doesn’t want you Nanav…
it’ll only hurt you more” NK said.
“NK… I’m fine here and I’m liking it. For now I don’t want
to think about coming back so don’t expect it. I will only come back when I
think I have achieved something” Arnav cut the phone.
NK understood what Arnav meant by ‘I will only come back when I think I have achieved something’.
This was only going to hurt him.
NK lived in India with the Raizada family. He called Arnav’s
mom ‘Maussi’ and knew Lavanya very well from Australia. She had never loved
Arnav… she only loved his money but when she found out that the property was
divided into 4 parts. She made an excuse and left Arnav on the day of her
wedding. The property belonged to Arnav, Anjali, Akash, and NK. Although NK was
not really part of the Raizada family, he was still treated the same way
Anjali, Arnav, and Akash were. His parents had died when he was 18 and so he
shifted to Australia but came back a year ago. He was permanently settled in
India. NK helped Akash in business and covered Arnav for the mistakes he made.
Arnav on the other hand was definitely not into business. He
believed to live life to the fullest because you never knew if tomorrow would
come but at least there was a today. Arnav enjoyed his life off his parent’s
money. He was the youngest out of all 4 of the siblings. Arnav was pampered and
spoiled by each and every member of the Raizadas.
-
Khushi was in the mall still sipping her coffee. She slid
her had around her neck as she was feeling something was missing.
“Crap… where’s my necklace?” Khushi gasped.
-
As Arnav was about to leave, he felt something under his
shoes. It was a heart pendant. It was resting in the snow and he picked it up.
He opened the locket to find images of 2 beautiful ladies. He expected the one
on the right to be a mother and the one on the left a daughter. The picture on the left as blurry due to water
the ink had faded but he could see some of her facial features. He closed the
locket and read the engravings at the back of the pendant.
“‘Khushi’… happiness?” Arnav spoke in confusion.
‘This sounds like the girl’s name… the one on the left side.’
Arnav smiled.
Arnav was known as a flirt… he never took relationships to
physical levels but yet he had many girlfriends. Lavanya lasted for 3 years. He
had never spent a night with her but yet kissed her a billion times. It was
Lavanya who always pressured Arnav to have s*x with him, but he always denied
until he made a decision to marry her. He thought it was the best way to
fulfill his wish to get married to her and her wish to physically be his. But
everything was ruined when she ran away on the wedding day. His family had to
face so much humiliation.
After all the insults and everything Lavanya did which was
wrong, Arnav still ignored her mistakes and came back to get her. Everything
was over, no more Lavanya, no more Lavanya and Arnav, there was only Arnav on
one side of the world.
He had left everything and only had $500 US which he spent
in the bar last night. He checked his wallet to see how much money he had left.
“Oh thank God at least there’s a $100 in there.” Arnav
sighed.
He headed off to Church while looking at the face in the
pendant over and over again.
“Khushi… hmmm… looking forward to meeting you. I have your
belonging with me.” Arnav smiled while talking to himself.
-
Khushi entered the Church. She was upset that she had lost
her pendant. She bent down to pray and when she was finished praying she
decided to talk to God.
‘God… I lost my pendant. I could lose everything but that
pendant. It was the last gift my mother had given me before she was killed. She
had told me to keep the pendant with me at all times as it would mean that she
would always be by my side. Ever since my mother left me, I had always worn
that pendant whether it matched my dress or not, whether it was raining or
snowing… but that pendant never left my body and today it was gone. Please help
me find it… it means a lot to me. My mother is the first and last person who I’d
ever care about other than my best friend Lavanya, but please just help me find
it.’ Khushi closed her eyes. She didn’t exactly know what God had planned for
her. She was saying that she only cared for her mother and Lavanya… but God had
His own plan which Khushi was unaware of.
-
Arnav entered the Church and put the pendant back in his
pocket. He bent down and prayed and chose to ask God a question along with his
situation.
‘God… I am upset with my break up with my girlfriend. I
loved her and she cheated on me but I am just confused about my feelings for
her. She is here in Vegas and so am I. We are over and I should be heading back
but something’s pulling me here. I don’t know what but for now what I am going
to ask you is not for me but for someone else. I found this pendant and it
belongs to a girl named Khushi I believe. It seems to be really special and so
I think the girl might be worried. Please help me find her and why am I helping
her? I have always used the quote ‘Finders keepers… Losers weepers’ but in this
case I didn’t. Why is that?’ Arnav asked.
He got up to move back and pulled out the pendant again. He
didn’t sit but decided to leave. Arnav wanted to go back to the bench and wait
in case if the girl would come back to find her necklace and so he went near
the shoe rack. He was sliding his shoes on and just as he turned… he bumped
into a girl. The pendant in his hand fell and he bent to pick it up just as the
girl did. She dropped her phone.
The girl was no other than Khushi. “People these days can’t
even see” Khushi muttered.
“Excuse me…” Arnav spoke as he got up still holding the
pendant.
“What… it’s true… I mean can’t you see when you turn around”
Khushi said without looking at his face. She was fixing her phone as it had
fallen apart.
“Well for your kind information… I would have to turn around
to see if there is anyone behind me.” Arnav irritatingly replied back.
Before Khushi could reply back she saw a golden pendant in
his hands. “You were clumsy because you were looking at the pendant. What were
you doing… staring at your girlfriend?” Khushi gave a little laugh.
“Look… we’re talking about bumping into each other and why
the hell are you relating this to my personal life. Nosy much?” Arnav was
irritated while he was playing around with the pendant. He flipped it around
where it had Khushi’s name engraved on it.
Khushi was about to reply when she noticed her name on the
pendant. “Hey… that’s my necklace… oh God I’ve been searching for this… where
did you find it?” Khushi snatched the pendant from Arnav’s hand. She didn’t let
him reply back as she saw the same Armani suit which she had seen in the
morning. It looked exactly the same as the man on the bench was wearing.
“You stole my pendant! You thief! I was feeling bad for you
this morning and I put a coat over you… and look at you… you stole my pendant!
How could you… if you needed money I could have given it to you. I never deny
if a man on the streets ask me for some change… but if you needed some… I could
have given it to you.” Khushi said rudely.
“Waaahooooo calm down… calm down… thank you for helping me
and when I got up off the bench… I noticed this pendant buried in the snow next
to the bench. So I picked it up and I was gonna search for you but look at
God’s plan. I found you in Church…” Arnav smiled.
“You think you could fool me? I know how guys like you are.
I very well know you took advantage of the time I hovered over you to put your
coat on you. I was such a fool that I forgot that all men are Jerks and one of
them is standing in front of me.”
“Girls like you can’t even say thank you or sorry. They find
guys and only be with them for their money and if they don’t have any… then
they move one. Think what you want to because I am in a Church and I am not lying
so you could think whatever you want because I don’t give a damn.” and with
that Arnav left the Church leaving a shocked Khushi.
Ok so Chapter 2… now don’t expect an update from me within
around 4 days because next update is for my other FF: The Unexpected… Became
The Expected. Don’t worry… I will update Chapter 3 and this FF is already in my
mind and I know the the whole concept. I have put aside my other FF: Fading
Whispers… it is NOT discontinued but I will update if I feel that people are
expecting updates for it so not sure. For now I’m focussing on 3 Main Things
- Summer School – History
- ArHi FF: The Unexpected… Became The Expected
- ArHi FF: Unusual Bond… that brings them close
Please comment and like… the more comments… the sooner the
update :P… I want more response to
this FF along with my first FF…The
next update… will be Saturday for The Unexpected… Became The Expected Chapter
13 and then probably Monday or Tuesday will be Chapter 3 for this FF.
- - Love u all sooooooo much <3 Ravneet ;)
Please don’t plagiarize my work… so far I haven’t seen
anyone… and hopefully I will not see any but be mindful of it.


Waiting For comments...
ReplyDeleteheyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gud story can u give me ur e-mail i need to talk 2 u :)
Delete- nidhers ♥u
Just come on FB ok and we'll talk heehee :)
Delete- Ravneet
So Khushi and Arnav meet face to face and already arguing. Funny.
ReplyDeleteIF: Rashika