Chapter 1
Please note I retain sole ownership of all the works of fiction on this blog so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own.
-
In the Club
“What the Fu*k!” Arnav yelled.
“Stop yelling Arnav... you’re creating a scene” Lavanya
whispered.
“Oh shut up… I’m not a toy that you can play with and toss
it away to get a new one!” Arnav continued yelling.
“Arnav come on… people have break ups… just deal with it
man. She had enough with you and she just wanted to move on. In fact she has
moved on. Now it’s your turn.” Someone said interrupting.
“You…” Arnav turned around.
“I thought you were my best friend… and you cheated on me
with my girlfriend!” Arnav pointed at him.
“Ex-girlfriend. And she wasn’t happy with you… I mean you’re
a type of guy who follows everything his mother tells him. Like are you
serious? Can’t you take your decisions by yourself?” Aman laughed.
Aman and Arnav had been childhood friends. They were best
buddies since then, but today their friendship was over. Because of Lavanya.
“Look Arnav… I didn’t want to hurt your feelings, but your
mother. She was trying to make me a typical Indian girl. I mean like just look
at me. I was born and brought up here. My dressing sense, and the way I view
life is not the same for your family. I left Vegas and came to India with you
because I cared about what you thought. When your parents found out we were
dating, they wanted us to get married. We both know that we weren’t ready for it,
but yet you agreed to it. That’s why I had to run away from your house before
our wedding.” Lavanya rubbed Arnav’s shoulder.
“ Lavanya… I left my house, my family, and basically
everything. I came here to tell you that everything’s the same. We will still
live together, we will still continue College, we will still work, and we’ll
continue our relationship.” Arnav spoke with a smile.
“Arnav… it’s over… please don’t make this hard for me”
Lavanya held Aman’s hand.
“Aman… buddy we both came here in Vegas together from India.
We supported each other and today you have hurt me. You know I could have dated
Payal… but I didn’t because I knew you liked her and look what you did to me.
Was our friendship that week?” Arnav asked.
Aman had no words. He knew Arnav was right. He knew what he
did was wrong. But he also knew he loved Lavanya. And so he decided not to say
a word.
“ Lavanya just because I wasn’t here for 6 months, it
doesn’t mean that we don’t have anything between us. I still love you and you
still love me.” Arnav said trying to touch Lavanya, but she simply pushed it
away.
“Arnav… this isn’t love, this is just your attraction to me.
Look all I know is that I don’t love you… and I hope you don’t either.” Lavanya
said looking away.
“Lavanya… I came here for us. Please give our relationship
another chance.” Arnav pleaded.
“You’re late… you took too much time” and with that, Lavanya
turned with Aman and left the club.
Arnav was shattered. He was hurt. He had left everything
behind for her. For Lavanya. And she had rejected his love.
‘Why am I crying? I
shouldn’t be crying… she should. She rejected the person who loved her the
most. I am not going to waste my tears for the person who doesn’t even give a
shit about me. I am not going to cry’ Arnav thought to himself while wiping the
tears of his cheeks.
They say that when you are hurt, you often tend to drink to
sooth your pain. In this case… Arnav needed a drink. Not specifically a drink, but probably a bit more than
he’d ever expected.
Arnav called out to the bartender and gulped down 10 bottles
of beer.
“Have you ever had a broken heart?” Arnav asked the
bartender pointing his finger at his heart.
The bartender knew Arnav was drunk. And it was better for him to reply with
simple answers.
“No” he replied.
“No… good. You shouldn’t let anyone break your heart. But I
did. I let her break my heart.” Arnav said picking up another bottle.
“Sir you have already drunk 10 bottles and this is your 11th
one. Please stop… you are already drunk. Are you with someone who can take you
home?” the bartender asked while slowly taking the bottle out of Arnav’s hand.
“I was with the most beautiful girl. But she left me for my best friend. You know…
I left everything behind for her and look what I got in return. Only pain. Do
you have a girlfriend?” Arnav asked.
“No” the bartender replied back.
“Good… you shouldn’t have one. You’re only going to be
hurt.” Arnav smiled.
Arnav pulled out his wallet and took out all his money.
“Here… this is for the drinks and thank you for listening to
me” Arnav smiled at the bartender.
He smiled back.
Arnav walked out of the bar saluting everyone. He wandered
down the streets holding his coat. He was singing along the way.
“Ek bewafaa thi… ek bewafaa thi… haan bewafaa thi…”
“Shut up you dork!” yelled a lady putting her head out of
her apartment building’s window.
Arnav looked up. He couldn’t see her face though. “Sorry” he
yelled back.
He wandered off in the streets not knowing where to go and
suddenly, his phone rung. He took a while to pick it up, but managed to without
looking at the caller.
“Nanav! Where are you?” said a familiar voice.
“NK… I’m in Vegas” Arnav replied with a huge smile.
“Where in Vegas?” NK asked.
“I don’t know… I’m on a street and I don’t even know the
name of it!” Arnav laughed.
“Oh Nanav… don’t tell me you’re drunk. Where are you
staying?” NK asked again.
“I just said… I don’t know” Arnav laughed louder.
“Shut up you dumbass… for God’s sake it’s 3 in the morning
and you’re laughing out there! People are sleeping” called out the same voice
from the window.
“NK… since when do you have a girl voice?” Arnav had a
question mark on his face.
“It’s not me Nanav… I think some girl is calling you” a
confused NK said.
Arnav turned to see the same girl yelling from her window.
He smirked.
“You know you’re not creating any difference. Here I’m
yelling and there you’re yelling… so what difference does it make?” Arnav chuckled.
“Don’t you have a place to live. Go home and laugh as much
as you want but here you’re disturbing many people” the girl yelled.
“Oh I’m glad you asked. People should be showing the same
amount of generosity as much as you are. In fact I don’t have a place to stay…
would you care to take me in?” Arnav asked.
“Oh what a coincidence… I have the best place for you to
stay. In fact you can stay there as long as you want if you continue behaving
like this. Wanna know what place…” the girl smiled.
“Do the pleasure to open your mouth” Arnav replied.
NK was still listening to their conversation but didn’t cut
the phone.
“I have the best place for you to stay at… Jail. Want me to
book a Cell?”
“Do the honour” Arnav replied back. He was enjoying this.
But the girl left.
Arnav realized that the phone was still on and so he cut it.
He lay on the bench that was in front of the apartment building.
-
In the Apartment room
The girl closed the window and went towards her bed.
“Khushi… what’s wrong? It’s ok… there are many people who
get drunk and wander around in the streets. He’s not the first so don’t get
pissed. By the way… who was he?” Lavanya asked.
Lavanya and Khushi were best friends. They both had their
past which only they knew. Khushi had never met Arnav as Lavanya’s boyfriend.
Lavanya was the only person Khushi ever trusted. She was the only friend Khushi
had.
“I know La… but you know College starts in 3 days and I’m
leaving tomorrow. You shifted here in Vegas leaving me in New York. Just
because of your stupid boyfriend you left New York! I mean just tell him to get
lost. We were enjoying the movie and that dork who’s fu*ked up started singing.
“Khushi retorted.
“Khushi now you’re wasting time… and I don’t want to talk
about that jerk” Lavanya frowned.
“See I told you he’s a dork”
“Khushi… I’m talking about my Ex-“
“So you broke up with him? Then who were you talking on the
phone with?”
“My new boyfriend… Aman” Lavanya smiled.
“Seriously? I thought you learned a lesson that all men are
jerks”
“But I love him! And he loves…” Khushi didn’t let Lavanya
complete her sentence “There is no such thing as love! Love doesn’t exist!”
Khushi yelled.
“Ok ok… Khushi calm down… let’s not talk about this…
tomorrow you’re leaving and I want to spend some good time with you” Lavanya
knew the reason why Khushi didn’t believe in love. She had had enough with
Arnav today and now she wanted to enjoy the movie with Khushi who was leaving
the next day for New York.
“La… you never told me his name… what was his name and I
want to see his ugly face” Khushi spoke between the movie.
“Who are you talking about?” Lavanya asked in confusion while
munching the popcorn.
“Pumpkinpie” Khushi giggled at the name Lavanya had given to
her Ex-.
Lavanya looked up at Khushi who was giggling. “I don’t want
to talk about him”
Khushi understood her. She wasn’t in the mood. After all… he
had bossed her around for 3 years.
The night went by with Khushi and Lavanya watching movies in
the apartment room and Arnav sleeping outside on the bench which they were
unaware of.


loved it too good, awesome start
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
ReplyDelete- Ravneet
Interesting :P
ReplyDelete- nidhers ♥u
Glad you're actually reading it <3
Delete- Ravneet :D
Interesting first chapter. Of to read more.
ReplyDeleteIF: rashika
hello hi bye bye awsomj chtart n poor arnab bitwa me hop pati sar- -cough cough- kushi bitwa dnt hte arnav bitwa ...........
ReplyDeletelike it, nice start
ReplyDelete