Sunday, June 17, 2012

ArHi FF: Book 1~The Unexpected... Became The Expected Chapter 7

I couldn't resist without updating this...

Chapter 7


Please note I retain sole ownership of all the works of fiction on this blog so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own.

Khushi made her way down the stairs and helplessly smiled at Arnav who was sitting in the car waiting for her.
“This Laad Governor has to apologize to me… I am carrying his child and going through this pain and he is sitting in the car as if nothing happened. He knows he is wrong but no! He can’t say sorry to me right. Patha nahi kitna vazaan hoga inke ghamand ka… Raakshash kaheen ke. Hai Devi Maaiyaan! Kaheen humare dono bache inkee thara tho nahi nikle gein? Nahi nahi Devi Maaiyaan aap itni bhi buri nahi ho jo humme theen theen Laad Governor aur Raakshash ko sambaal na pade. Raksha karna Devi Maaiyaan…” Khushi muttered.
Arnav came out of his car and held Khushi’s pooja thaal and opened the car door. “Come, sit inside and let’s go home now. You are not feeling well and you should rest. Remember what the Doctor had said…” Arnav smiled at Khushi as if he was pacifying a two-year old.
“What about Anjali di… we have forgotten about her… she’s still at the Hospital…” a worried Khushi said while biting her nails.
“What the! Stop biting your nails! It’s not good for you or our… I mean your babies. And Di has gone home; I called the Driver to pick her up. Now get in the car!” Arnav ordered.
Khushi simply sat in the car and waited for Arnav to sit inside the car. She wanted to tell him that she isn’t going home with him; instead she’s going to stay with her Amma and Bauji. She didn’t want to say this in public at the Mandir because she knew Arnav need some anger management. She felt it safer to hear him shout at her alone in the car rather than creating a scene outside the Mandir.
Flashback
Khushi was sitting on the footsteps of the Mandir as she saw Arnav make his way up the Mandir. She quickly got up and hid in the crowd, but little did she know that it was Arnav Singh Raizada who could sense everything. She had come back from her Buaji’s home after being insulted so much. After all she did take part in agreeing to marry Arnav without the consent of the family members.
Arnav found her in the crowd with her eyes shut tightly as if she knew he was here to bring her back home. He caught hold of her arm as she was going further in the crowd away from him.
“Aaap!” Khushi yelled.
“Haan main.” Arnav replied.
“Aaap yahaan kya kar rahe hain?”
“To bring you back home. Chalo ghar chalo!” Arnav took her arm and began to walk towards the stairs of the Mandir.
“Kyun… humme nahi jaana kahi” Khushi retorted.
Just as Khushi stopped talking a man walked up to Arnav and said “Why are you bothering this girl? She said she doesn’t want to go with you then why are you forcing her?”.
Arnav got furious and walked up to the man. This time the whole crowd was staring at the three. “This is non of your business! She is my wife and I came here to take her back home. Can you stop me from taking my wife back home? No! You can’t so now go back and do your work. Next time don’t interfere in people’s personal life! Got it.”
The crowd stared at Arnav and Khushi while they were having their argument.
“Stop acting like a child and get in the car Khushi warna…”
“Warna kya Mr. Raizada… humme phir se utta ke layke gyaange aap?” Khushi asked with her raised eyebrow.
“As you wish…” and with that Arnav sweeped Khushi in his arms and walked out of the Mandir towards the car. A single tear came out of Khushi’s right eye and she put her arm around Arnav’s neck.
End Of Flashback
Flashback
It was the day of Khushi’s engagement with Shyaam and her last day at the Raizada House. She was at the Mandir praying while cluting her dupatta around her cut on her left ring finger. Arnav had snapped at her in the Raizada House when she came to give him his manat kii chaabi. As she put it down on the table near the cup of tea, Arnav pushed her and her hand hit the broken glass leaving a bit of blood there. Arnav noticed it only when Khushi had already left. He reached his car and went to the Mandir as he already knew that Khushi will be there.
As Khushi turned her back after praying there he stood. Arnav Singh Raizada. He had an eye lock with her and she broke it. Khushi turned her back on him and began to walk past him. She didn’t care whether he was there or not.
“Khushi mujhe tumse baat karni hai” Arnav said calmly.
“Magar humme aap se koi baat nahi karni” and with that she walked right pass him.
“Khushi maine tumhe kitni baar kaha hai kii jab main tumse baat kar raha hotha huun toh tum aise nahi jaa sakti” Arnav yelled as he pulled her back infront of him.
“Kyun? Ab hum aap ke saath nahi kaam karte. Humara jo man kare hum wohi karenge aur hum aapse baat nahi karna chahethe… samaje aap!” Khushi struggled to get her out of his grip.
“What are you doing! Sab humme dekh rahe hain. Aap thamaasha kyun kar rahe hain! Chodiye humme…” Khushi said with Arnav’s grip tightening on her arm.
Arnav stared at Khushi as she was struggling. Then suddenly she felt Arnav’s right hand make his way down towards her left hand. She looked up to see him gazing at her and she clutched her dupatta tighter. He brought up her left hand and began to untie the dupatta wrapped around her ring finger. Khushi was still staring at him, and finally Arnav broke the silence.
“Khushi… tumhe chot lagi hai” Arnav said as he began to bandage her finger with a white cloth.
“Tho… apko is se kya? Why do you care… I have been hurt on my finger then why are you so worried?” Khushi struggled to get her hand out of his grip.
Arnav kept hold of her. He didn’t let her go. He just stood there staring at her in the eye and continued to bandage her finger. Soon after Khushi stopped struggling and let Arnav bandage her finger as she knew that there was no point of trying.
The whole crowd of the Mandir were staring at them as if they were the center of attention. Soon after they turned at took their own paths as their paths were never the same. They made a promise that they will never see eachother again.
End Of Flashback
“Rabba mere kya hai teri marzi… Hai Devi Maaiyaan! Ek waqt tha jab humne apne aap se waada kiya tha kii hum unse kabhi bhi baat nahi karenge… aur aaj dekhiye… hum inhee ke saath poori zindagi bitaani padegi! Well it’s only 6 months but they feel like forever. Lagta hai voh naiye saal ka logic sach hogaya! ‘Whoever you see at midnight 12 on new years eve… you will be with them for the rest of your life’. Sach mein, humara naiya saal barabaad kardiya! Ab hum iss Laad Governor se kaise kahein ke humme in keh saath ghar nahi jaana…” Khushi muttered.
“What the! Yeh kya boli jaa rahi ho tum! For God’s sake shutup Khushi! Main paagal ho jayoonga tumare saath” Arnav said while driving.
Khushi soon realized that they were on the road with two intersections. One that would lead them to the Raizada House and second that would lead them to the Gupta House. Khushi decided to speak now. It was time to talk to him now.
“Arnavji… hum ghar nahi jaana chahathe! I want to go to my house not your’s. Please turn the car to my house and I will come tomorrow to fetch my belongings from your house. Today I free you from this contract marriage. Although you made this contract marriage, I want to break it before you. Don’t think that I will run after your property or your business after knowing that I am pregnant with your children. All I want is just to go home with my family and I want my children to have Arnav Singh Riazada as their last name. I want nothing more than that. Tomorrow I will come to your house to get my belongings that I brought from my home and after that I will go somewhere far away where nor you or Shyaamji will be able to find me. Just drop me off at my house… it is the best for you, me, and my children. I will not bother you for anything and I won’t ever try to see you again except for tomorrow.” Khushi said with a plead.
She left Arnav shocked. He was shocked after hearing what Khushi had said. She had much courage to talk to him in a way which no one has ever talked to him. It was like she was ordering him to do something but kindly. He didn’t want to argue with her and he felt that after this he should let her go and he should give her some time. Without responding to what she asked for, he turned his car towards the Gupta House.
‘It was that easy??? I thought he will yell at me… looks like he doesn’t care whether I’m there or not and he doesn’t even care about his own unborn children. What if he still thinks that they are not his children? No, I don’t care what he thinks. Either way I was supposed to leave him whether he believed me or not. This was a contract marriage and it has come to an end before time.’ Khushi thought to herself.
“One more thing Arnav… ji. Don’t tell anyone about my pregnancy… I know Di won’t let me go but you know and I know that this was supposed to happen. She will not let me go if she finds out that I am expecting. I hope you understand what I mean…” Khushi said with an expectation that atleast now Arnav would say something. But he didn’t, he just simply nodded and with that they reached the Gupta House.
He stopped the car infront of the house and came out of the car. He opened the door for Khushi and led her to the door. Once he had knocked the door he began to walk back to his car without saying a single word or a goodbye.
“Aren’t you gonna come in?” Khushi asked.
Arnav didn’t reply and he just sat in the car and drove off towards the direction of the Raizada House.
‘What’s wrong with him? Why is he behaving that way?’ Khushi thought.
Buaji opened the door and let Khushi in “Arre Titaliya… kaisan aana hua aur hai re Nandkisore! Daamaadji kahan hai?”
“Voh… Namaste Buaji… voh nahi aayein. Uune koi kaam padgaya toh issliye voh nahi aaiyein. Aur hummara man kiya toh hum chalein aaye… hum nahi aa sakte kya?” Khushi asked with a fake smile as she felt guilty upon lying to her Buaji about Arnav.
“Arre Sanka Devi… hummne aisan kab kaha. Tumaraha hee ghar hai, jab chaho thab aao…” Buaji hugged Khushi
-In The Car
Arnav was driving fast. He remembered Khushi hugging Shyaam on the terrarace and Khushi being with Shyaam after the Heer Ranjha Play. He wasn’t sure now about Khushi’s pregnancy.
“Is she lying? Are those children really mine or Shyaam’s? Just by doing it once doesn’t mean that she’ll get pregnant… what if she did it with Shyaam? Afterall she knows him from way before… ya… those children are not mine, they are Shyaam’s.” Arnav said to himself with certainity.
He wasn’t sire now about Khushi’s pregnancy. He didn’t want to accept the fact that they were his children. Suddenly his phone rung.
He turned on his Bluetooth, “Hello”
“Yes… is this Mrs. Raizada?” the man asked over the phone.
“Uhhh… no, this is her husband Arnav Singh Raizada. Is everything ok?” Arnav asked with a question mark on his face.
“Oh hello sir, your wife had stayed at our Hotel 2 months ago and she did not pay the bill and neither had you. We contacted her several times and she told us that she did not have money at the time and so she will pay later on. Due to our policy we could not wait any longer and so we tried to contact her this morning but she did not pick up her phone. Since we knew that she is your wife, we found your number in our computer as you have often visited our Hotel for your Business Meetings. Sir, you have been our regular customer and we do not want disappoint you, but if you do not pay the Hotel bill by tonight, then I’m afraid we will have to involve the police in this matter” the man said with confidence.
‘Khushi stayed in a Hotel? With who? As far as I remember Khushi and I have never stayed in a Hotel before… then who was she with?And that too for a whole night!’ Arnav wondered.
“Mr. Raizada… are you there?”
“Uhh yes, may I know when was the exact day that she stayed at the Hotel?” Arnav asked.
“Yes Sir… let me just check”
“Umm… well you have stayed on the night of June 19, 2012”
‘But that was when I was kidnapped by Shyaam… then how did I reach in a Hotel with Khushi? Oh now I see… that means she spent a night with Shyaam… that means those babies growing in Khushi’s womb are Shyaam’s!!!’ Arnav boiled in his mind.
“Well Mr. umm whatever… just call my wife again and tell her that I have paid her Hotel bill from June 19, 2012. Make sure you let her know that I have paid her bill” Arnav said in anger.
“Yes Sir… I will call your wife right now and I will let her know that she does not need to worry about paying the Hotel bill as you have already paid it” the manager said with fear.
With that he quickly hung the phone and called Khushi. “Maam, this is the Manager speaking from Hotel Eden… your husband Mr. Raizada has paid the bill for which 2 months you never paid for. No need to worry, he has paid the bill” the Manager spoke kindly.
Khushi dropped the phone. “Hai Devi Maaiyaan! Ab kya hoga! He’s going to think of it in a wrong way again! How will I explain to him that what he is thinking is wrong. I haven’t done anything” Khushi said in fear.

5 comments:

  1. Why should she worry now? If he thinks bad of her let him. She has done nothing wrong. Arnav doesn't trust her she should do what she said and leave never to be seen again.
    Emotional update.
    IF: Rashika

    ReplyDelete
  2. khushi's being a selfish tard there his kids to ya no

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn wht this twist again ....
    he again dint believe her ....
    hate him ..
    -kvarsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no!! what is hotel matter now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish the hindi parts were translated in english....cant read hindi so i miss soo much of the story! :( but still superb.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love <3