Wednesday, September 25, 2013

IPKKND: Turmoil Chapter 5

*covers face*
I know I'm receiving a billion chappals, tomatoes and potatoes!!!
I am so VERY sorry for leaving everything behind and just being a plain bitch!
I know it's been almost 7 months since I've left but I'm terribly sorry...
To be honest, I was never planning on getting back on this blog but I don't know :/ somehow I saw one of my ArHi stories in my files on Word and I felt like crying.
I logged into Blogger and literally cried after seeing my blog. I felt so terrible for locking my beautiful blog just because I having personal problems online. I shouldn't let anyone get to me. I should be strong and continue doing what I was.
So I can't really say I'm back, but here's what I have for now (:
[I doubt I have any readers left :( If anyone's reading, then please comment and throw as many tomatoes, potatoes and chappals you want!]

Chapter 5


Please note I retain sole ownership of all the works of fiction on this blog so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own.

‘On rare occasions one does hear of a miraculous case of a married couple falling in love after marriage, but on close examination it will be found that it is a mere adjustment to the inevitable.’ – Emma Goldman

“I’m going for a meeting,” he said to her while pulling on his coat. Raking his hands through his hair, he quickly tied his tie and lifted up his briefcase, “and I’m coming late tonight,” he said before rushing out of the kitchen after grabbing a piece of toast.
She remained quiet and continued eating her breakfast just like before. Sipping her juice, she looked out the window and saw Arnav leaving in his Bugatti.
They hadn’t talked to each other since that day when Arnav had called her home. She was being dominant and stubborn while Arnav kept telling her to remain in the house.  His anger overpowered her stubbornness and he had ordered her not to leave the house.
9 days.
It had been 9 days that she hadn’t stepped out of the house and she was quiet for those days. Khushi being quiet did worry Arnav because that only meant that there was something wrong and something was going on in her mind. He had ignored it and focused more on office. For the past 9 days after the heated argument, Arnav chose to stay at his office for long hours.
He’d come home late at night and leave early in the morning.
It was as if they were playing ‘Hide and Seek’. Neither of them wanted to confront each other and behaved like little kids.
Khushi had figured out that her diary was missing, and she couldn’t find it where she last put it. Her mind was all over the place, in wonder where could it go. Her first suspicion was that she probably left it at the beach, but then again her thoughts were cut off when she reminded herself that she never took it to the beach. She always wrote in it before going to bed. It was never out of her room, and it wasn’t like she was sharing her room with Arnav that it got misplaced. She had her own room and she knew where she put her belongings.
There was no way anyone could ever take it because no one ever came home other than Arnav or Khushi herself. It was only either she lost it herself or Arnav took it.
“Laad Governor,” she muttered while placing her plate in the sink to wash.
Her hands smoothly washed over the plate and placed it on the side to dry. The birds were chirping and it was a warm day. Her eyes kept looking on the side where she saw Arnav’s garden; the one place she was never allowed to enter. Well, she wasn’t allowed to enter his room either but this was different.
He never let her go near the garden at all. She knew that in the afternoon, when he’d sometimes come home, he’s bring his coffee with him and go straight to his garden.
In the middle of the day, he came home for an hour or 2, but he never really came home. He would just go to his garden. Khushi was well aware of this and sometimes she would feel hurt that unlike other wives, she couldn’t really sit and wait for her husband.
She could never have that warm fuzzy feeling when her husband would come home. She’d always have the frightened and terrified feeling when Arnav would talk to her. Cut that, she felt that way even when he passed by her!
In the past 6 months, she never really felt like she was married. She felt like she was just kept somewhere without her family and friends.
Friends.
She wasn’t even sure if she had any now.
After being married to Arnav, she had lost all contact with her friends. She was simply alone now, even though for the world she had a husband who would love her. Little did they know that inside the house the 2 so called ‘husband and wife’ were complete strangers.
Before everything had changed, she would always share her feelings with her Amma and sometimes Payal, even though they weren’t sisters. Lavanya never cared much of how Khushi felt. She knew that Arnav and Khushi’s relationship was not on good terms but she still never tried to amend it. She cared more about her happiness than Khushi’s. Why wouldn’t she?! She was getting married to the Arnav Singh Raizada; biggest business tycoon of all.
Khushi brushed off the thoughts and went back to the couch she was earlier sitting on. Her mind was triggered onto the silence filled room.
She missed the laughter that used to erupt in the house with everyone laughing at silly things. Sometimes her stupidity caused them to laugh or sometimes the little things she did to annoy Arnav. Her childishness had caused joy in Shaantivan, and now she was no longer childish. She was mature now. She was well aware of the fact that there was no one to laugh at her silliness. The ones who did were no longer with her anymore.
Living with Arnav had made her do a 360 degree flip on her personality. She was no longer the bubbly, funny and spontaneous girl anymore. Khushi was the quiet, rebellious and numb girl now.
With the thoughts constantly puzzling her mind, Khushi timidly decided to go on a small stroll in the house. For her it was ok because the house was excessively large for only 2 people, but she considered it a bit too much open space.
For her this wasn’t a house. It was more like a box of open space and it was like a barren place. In fact, the area that they were living in was awfully quiet which did bother her at first, but now she was used to it.
In Laxmi Nagar she often went for strolls and talked to every fellow she met along the way. Whether stranger or enemy, she would say a simple greeting and have a little conversation in the middle of the street. However, here in San Francisco, Arnav rarely ever let her out of the house, and so she never got the chance to meet new people. The area seemed a quiet and reserved place. There were more couples than actual joint families and everyone had almost the same size houses.
Feeling the cold breeze hit her face made her realize that she had stepped out of the house and was near the garden. The wooden gate wasn’t shut properly to which she made a move to slightly peek through.
All sorts of flowers were in front of her sight. Roses, tulips, and many others were blooming. It was like a house of nature and color. The bench right across the roses had her wonder whether Arnav sat there and thought of everything that ever happened between them.
“Kitni baar tumhe kaha hai ke yahaan matth aaya karo!” she gasped as she felt someone pull her back by her shoulder. Right then, she knew it was Arnav.
She called for trouble.
“Arnavji I-”
“No! No more excuses! I told you to stay in the house. What part do you not understand?!” Arnav took 3 huge steps towards her. Instantly Khushi’s steps retreated and her back hit firm against the gate. With her eyes shut, clutching her dupatta, and holding on to her breath, she prayed that he wouldn’t hurt her.
His hand quickly grasped her arm and bolted her out of her thoughts. All she saw in his eyes were fiery and pure anger. Arnav’s clenched jaws and stiffed shoulders had her in worry on what would happen next.
“I’m sorry,” she mumbled, trying to hold back her tears.
“Sorry?! You’re sorry for what?!” he yelled at her. Before she could even answer, he turned around letting his back face her, “get in the house. NOW! I don’t want to create a scene out here.”
“I-”
“NOW!”
Khushi hesitantly passed by him to get in the house. She was frightened already by his loud voice and she knew that he was really mad. Maybe trying to get fresh air was a bad idea for her. But that didn’t even matter anymore. She knew that Arnav didn’t like anything she did. No matter how much she did for him, he could never forgive her for a mistake she did unknowingly.
***
Pacing back and forth, Arnav groaned and slammed the gate wide open. Striving towards the bench and sat down, frustrated and angry. He shut his eyes tight and cracked his knuckles in irritation.
He had asked her not to see his garden. And he made it clear to her that he didn’t like it when people touch his stuff, yet she was being her stubborn self and ignoring him.
Arnav didn’t hate Khushi from the start; he only played around with her. He loved to see her nose flare in anger and he enjoyed irritating her just like she liked annoying him. Even though his fiancĂ©, Lavanya hated Khushi, he only behaved rudely with her because she was a bit tad annoying.
If only she had done something before Lavanya had died… if only she didn’t ask to go to the Mandir with his family…
But nothing could be changed now. The past was past and now he could only think of the present and what the future holds for him and Khushi.
Arnav groaned and shoved his hand in his pocket to pull out his phone. Skimming through his contacts, he at last found the one he needed.
“Yeah, Aman,” he said casually while twirling his car keys in his right hand. Arnav looked back at the gate and then at the roses right in front of him before he shook his head, “find her a house,” he said.
“What? But Sir, Devyaniji said-”
“Don’t tell me what my Nani said! I know what I’m doing and you work for me!”
Arnav’s loud voice didn’t go unnoticed by Khushi as she peered through the kitchen window. He was angry again.
But wait.
When was he not angry?
“No, just get a nearby house. I don’t want to see her in my house so get her a house that’s simple. Don’t spend so much on her, she’s a gold digger anyways,” she heard him talk on the phone.
After talking to Aman for a little more, Arnav ended his call and leaned back on the bench.
He was finally getting rid of her now.
He had already planned for her to leave his house and live somewhere else.
***
“I’m not going anywhere, Arnavji” Khushi folded her arms and sat on her chair. She knew that he was angry and he was probably going to punish her, just like he did before. He didn’t allow her to go out of the house and she was expecting him to be a bit harsher now. However, never did she ever think that he was going to plan on kicking her out of the house!
“Yes you are Khushi. Don’t argue with me!” he yanked her arm out and placed the house keys in her hand, “go pack your stuff now, Khushi” he spoke in a firm tone.
She looked up at him with sadness, her eyes flickering, trying to hold back her tears. For some reason she was hurt that he wanted her to go, but she was supposed to be happy. She could do whatever she wanted now. He wouldn’t watch each and every movement of hers and she would be able to live like a free bird.
No.
This was not the case though. Khushi was unhappy. She was sad that she was going to lose the only family she had. Khushi was hurt that she was going to be completely lonely now even though Arnav never really talked to her.
“Teekh hai,” she gulped and turned towards her room before making eye contact with him, “hum jaa rahe hain,”

Translations:
Kitni baar tumhe kaha hai ke yahaan matth aaya karo! = How many times have I told you to not come here!
Dupatta = scarf
Teekh hai = Okay
hum jaa rahe hain = I am going

How was it?
Please comment :3
And I missed Arnav and Khushi so much :'(
PS: I don't watch the new IPK, I'm still watching the original one. No one could ever replace it!

10 comments:

  1. yay im so glad this is being continued
    loved this story
    urgh so arnav is askin her to leave? does he not realise that she also lost her family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyy goad your back loved your stories
    Plzz continure ur other stoies toooo
    Cant wwait for the nxt part of any story love all of them
    Plz update sooon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rav this is very amazing please continue this soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ufffu Rav i have read this story numerous time now when will you update next. For God's Sake now update this. I am waiting since seems like ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ravneet For Heavens sake update this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ravneet For Heavens sake update this

    ReplyDelete
  7. waiting fr nxt part eagerly
    ushankitvc

    ReplyDelete
  8. waiting.........

    plzzzzzzzzzz do continue soon.....

    waiting........

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love <3